Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Forgiveness

Forgiveness
Forgiveness is an essential part of my relationship to God. It sets me free and takes me closer to Him, which is where I not only wish to be but need to be.
In fact the Bible says in Mark 11:25 AMP “And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and let it drop (leave it, let it go), in order that your Father Who is in heaven may also forgive you…”
Sometimes we are wounded or hurt. Sometimes others mistreat us or betray us. Unfortunately, that is just part of the world we live in.
Let me just speak for myself – Yes, I have been wounded, hurt, mistreated and betrayed. Frankly, I have been on both sides, both perpetrator and victim of such behaviors. When I seek the Lord and ask Him to forgive me for my “bad” behavior – I also need to seek His forgiveness any bad feelings I have towards others and to allow His love to enter my heart.
When I allow that type of forgiveness to really enter my heart – my forgiveness is complete and there is peace in my soul.
This is not something that always comes easy for me. What are your thoughts on forgiveness?

No comments: