Saturday, March 28, 2009

Who We Are

This was in a Bible Study by Beth Moore. It's something that I actually printed out and keep in my office above my desk so it can be read each day. Often I hang a verse or two around the house to help me stay close to God for that day and to assist in memorization but this has been left right where it was first placed, for more than a year now, because it still speaks loudly to me.


A Declaration of who I am before God

I (insert your name here) belong to God.
I am a Holy Vessel because I house the
Holy Spirit of the living God.

The Lord of heaven and earth has said over me -
“I declare you holy”.

Today I commit to start believing what He says.
I am holy.
Empower me daily, Spirit of the living God,
to treat myself as holy.

Open my eyes to every scheme of the enemy -
to treat me as if I’m not.

You, God, are God.
Your word is truth.
This day, Father, I choose to believe you.
In Jesus name -
Amen and Amen.

Blessings-
Alane D Brown

No comments: