Saturday, January 17, 2009

Are You Going To Finish Strong?

There’s always been a feeling in my gut that said, Alane; you are here for a reason. Just keep going. Just keep seeking what it is that God has given you to do. Do the next thing and if you fail – do it again or make some adjustments and try again. Just don’t quit.

Have you ever had that feeling? Do you know you are here for a reason? That God has plans for you. The Bible says: “I Know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11)

I have to be honest, I have felt like quitting. I have been knocked down and not hurried back to my feet. I have sat in self pity and have even fallen into depression. And do you know what that makes me? It makes me human. Sure, looking back it’s easy to say that on several occasions I could have shown more hope, more strength, and more faith in the Lord but I didn’t and it’s done, in the past. What did happen was I gained. Yes, I gained hope, trust and faith in God. I gleaned the Wisdom God wished for me to understand.

My relationship with God grew deeper and that’s the most important thing and after that, the fact remains that I didn’t quit! No, I have always stood back up and that’s why when I saw this video http://www.maniacworld.com/are-you-going-to-finish-strong.html I knew it needed to be shared. It’s a reminder to all of us. We have everything we need to stand back up and finish strong! Go watch it. It’s two minutes long and worth every second!
Here is the link again: http://www.maniacworld.com/are-you-going-to-finish-strong.html
Blessings-
Alane D. Brown

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's quite the video!
If this man had "stayed down" then he would have missed what God had planned for him and that was to help others learn to get up and keep on going. So for me this is a reminder that I don't want to miss what it is God has for me to do so I must keep trying to get back up or I will miss out on the joy one receives for following Gods plan in their life! Thanks