Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hope and Faith -

It was last year, during January of 2008, that my illness crept back in and attempted to control my life! God has always been so good to me, always, however during this particular time in my life He just poured His love out and over me again and again. My husband and I had no idea what we were in for when we entered the hospital that day in early January,

I was to have a medical test. Well, it’s a little more than a test because it involved being there for a day and having a little mini camera go through my arteries looking for blockages. It’s not a big deal because I’ve had the procedure more times than I can remember. So I have become a bit of a pro at it – of all things! (Obviously by now you have figured I hadn’t been in the best health for some time prior to this event)

The Doctors and I understood before the test, that most likely we would find the reason for this new reoccurring pain, was a blockage of some kind, either in my arterial graft or near to it. The hope was they could clear it reasonably easy. However, that was not going to be the case. I would need a major surgery to clear away the scar tissue found inside the graft.

So, it wasn’t what we expected. That was alright with me because I totally believed and understood that it was not a surprise to God! He knew exactly what was going on with my health. As we discussed what next steps had to be taken – I knew exactly where to place my hope and faith… “And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.” (Romans 5:5)

Knowing I was in the Lord’s hands the surgery was scheduled for the very next day.

No comments: