Thursday, January 15, 2009

Who’s in your family tree?

Okay, I’ll admit it I’m addicted to genealogy! I just love researching old census records, photographs, family lore and the like to find out who my ancestors were. Yes, I have found some "nuts" clinging to my family tree but I bet most trees have them. Most of my relatives were regular, hard-working people with nothing that made them stand out except for two who were "rebels with a cause." One is famous and the other is virtually unknown. Does my relation to them make me special somehow? No. But there is someone I’m related to that does make me, and you, special!

When you began a relationship with God through admitting you had done wrong against Him, had a true desire to change and realized that you needed Him to do so then accepted that Jesus took your punishment for sinning against God you became a
"child of God." So you are officially in the lineage of God! Wow, now that changes the look of your family tree doesn’t it? There’s God and directly below Him is YOU! There are no "nuts" or famous people between you and God, just God then you! Now that's a relationship that does make us something special.

So the next time the world tries to tell you you’re unlovable, worthless or too scarred from your past to be of any use, just remember whose child you are. God has forgiven and forgotten your past and wants to help you become all that He knows you are. Focus on who’s at the top of your spiritual family tree and keep on growing!

If you don't have this kind of relationship with God yet, We're here to tell you that you can and you can have it TODAY! (Please feel free to write us if you want to know more at: info@ChristianWomenNow.com .)

"For every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith. And who can win this battle against the world? Only those who believe that Jesus is the Son of God." (1 John 5:4-5 NIV)

No comments: